Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Week 5 EOC: Exercise

It is time for some self-reflection by answering the following questions: What are your professional plans for the future? How do you intend to make those plans happen? What stumbling blocks do you think you will have to clear along the way? How long do you think it will take to reach your goals?

Eventually I would love to be a travel writer for a website like Jetsetter, a site produced by Gilt Group. I would also really like to open my own snowboarding store and bar. The writing plans will probably take the most amount of time and effort because it is a very coveted job with some of the best perks you can think of. Traveling around the world on someone else’s dime while getting paid to write about my experiences would be just about the best career I can think of. I think it will definitely take a few years, maybe even 10, to reach these goals. The store will take a lot of money to fund the start-up costs. I have the location in mind of where I want the store to be at, however, I may run into the hurdle of the spot not being available when the time comes or competition that doesn’t exist now moves in on the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment